The historic 1915 Texaco Building has been beautifully reimagined for modern life – 286 rental homes of surpassing luxury – highly desirable amenities – the entire city for enjoyment and discovery. Oringinally commissioned by the founders of Texaco, it was designed by New York architectural firm Warren & Wetmore, which also was involved in designing Manhattan’s Grand Central Terminal. It has been vacant since 1989, when the oil giant relocated to a new building on the western end of downtown.
Units are between about 730 to 1,730 square feet. There are 207 one-bedroom, one-bath units, and 79 two-bedroom, two-bath units.
Due to the historic nature of the building, some rooms have deep window ledges, 11-foot ceilings and large kitchens and bedrooms. Other features include KitchenAid stainless appliances, wine refrigerators, stainless farmhouse kitchen sinks, quartz counters with waterfall edges and oversized showers and closets, per the release. Most master baths come with separate tubs and showers along with dual vanities.
The hotel-style lobby lounge features floor-to-ceiling windows and a coffee and snack bar along with restored mosaic tile flooring. The area, which still has the original brass elevator, is staffed 24/7 by a concierge and offers free valet for leasing visitors, residents and their guests.
- 10’ – 11’ ceiling options
- Boutique custom bathroom cabinetry
- Coffered ceilings*
- Custom wood 48″ cabinetry with soft close
- Elegant quartz countertops with waterfall edge
- Energy saving washers and dryers
- Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
- One- and two-bedroom luxury apartment homes
- Oversized historic windows*
- Oversized soaking tubs*
- Powder rooms for guest use*
- Separate walk-in showers with rainfall showerheads
- Stainless steel farmhouse sinks
- Stainless steel KitchenAid® appliance package with convection oven and microwave
- Wine refrigerators
*In select homes
- Heated resort-style pool
- 24-hour concierge/doorman
- Additional club room with gaming areas
- Climate-controlled storage
- Gourmet coffee and snack bar
- On-site golf simulator
- Outdoor kitchen and gas grills
- Pet friendly with covered dog run and pet washing station
- Private media/theater room
- Resident conference room
- Rooftop sky terrace with outdoor fireplace
- Social lounge with demonstration kitchen
- State-of-the-art fitness center with on-demand cardio/spin
- Upscale restaurant on premises
For more details and leasing information as it becomes available, call me: 713.502.5050.